Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wax on... wax off. Wax on... wax off.







This is my favourite part.  Making the old look new again with just a little elbow grease.  The rims are a little wobbly so I'm going to attempt to straighten them.  I have spoken.

I have solved the mystery of the red button on the tank.  No, It's not the warp drive, not the smoke screen, not the "laser".  It's the horn.  Doing  it's best to alert the batteries of impending danger.  This seems to be a stock mounting as the connections, condition and look of all the components match the original.  I'm quite happy with the arrangement because it gives the front of the bike a cleaner look, never mind the audibility issues.

I found the brake drums a bit warped and one of the shoes cracked, but again, almost no wear.

Soon It'll be time to reassemble.  

No comments: