Saturday, May 3, 2008

Charger II: "The Grinning"

In case you don't know, the "EV grin" is the perma smile one achieves when driving an electric vehicle.  There is something about the power, silence and smoothness of an electric motor that just seems right. You can't help but grin.  The top three countdown of things you don't miss from a gas motorcycle  #3: the clutch,  #2: shifting gears #1:  kick starting.  The only thing you kick on this little baby is ASS!




I already have another "electric auranage" with thanks to Don.  Since buying my first one (#12 Orange) I did a bunch of research on the brand and found a small but dedicated community of enthusiasts on the "interweb".  On an Auranthetic enthusiasts forum I met Don who was an owner in Vancouver.  A few days later he offered me his bike for a very reasonable price.  I couldn't resist because I am a while away from getting #12 on the road. 

No gas stations, no smell, no noise, no stalling, no kick starting, no jerry cans, no oil changes, spark plugs, etc, etc, etc. 

Fun, power, and the open road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kool Charger. I picked up a roller. Missing motor and batteries. Not sure what else electical wise. Not sure yet if I am going to sell it or restore it one day. If you want to see pics of it, send me an email at
DT400rider@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

do you know anyplace i can find out how much mine is worth? i somebody offer me $250 for it. Everything works. Some older lady thought that my kids would enjoy it but, i need to buy batteries. any advice? email me @ grannans@verizon.net -thanks matt

Anonymous said...

Still got it? If so Would You be willing to sell it? Email Me Therealtraumatize@gmail.com